Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Over the Top Reese's Peanut Butter Cookies


Perfect cookie for Fall. Can you say YUM YUM YUMMY!! I have done it to myself again. Found a cookie that is sinful.. I came across this recipe the other night on realmomkitchen.com, one of my favorite sites for recipes and have yet to try something on her website that I didn't like. Let me tell what, they were so good, they just melted in your mouth. A little bit of peanut butter a little bit of chocolate. Who can resist?



Over the Top Reese's Peanut Butter Cookies


3/4 Cup butter (softened)


1 Cup Sugar


1 Cup Brown Sugar


1 Cup Peanut Butter


2 Large Eggs


2 tsp. vanilla


1 tsp. baking soda


1/2 tsp. salt


2 1/2 Cups flour


1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips (I use hersheys mini baking kisses. I replace any recipe that calls for choc. chips with these. These are so much better than the regular choc chips.)

32 mini Reese's peanut butter cups, cut each cup into 4 pieces. ( I just bought a bag of the halloween candy ones 11 oz. Wasnt exactly 32 but was good enough.)



(This was just a few of the PB cups)

Cream together butters, sugars, eggs and vanilla till creamy. Then add baking soda, salt, and flour mix well. (I use my kitchen aid to mix all the ingredients) Fold in chocolate chips.

Using an ice cream scoop ( I used my medium sized pampered chef scoop generously) Scoop 6 big scoops on each pan, flatten each cookie slightly ( These are a large sized cookie)

Bake @ 350 for about 12 minutes

Remove cookies from oven and lightly press approx. 8 cut pieces of the Reese's peanut butter cups onto the top of each cookie. ( I didn't do 8 on every cookie because I had less PB cups)

Return to the oven for 2 more minutes. Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes before placing on a cooling rack.

It was recommended to eat these warm, which was fabulous but cooled was great also. If you want them warm just cook them in the microwave for about 10 seconds when ready to eat.

This recipe made about 22 good sized cookies



https://sites.google.com/site/windleyfamilyprintablerecipes/over-the-top-reese-s-peanut-butter-cookies

No comments: