Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Pineapple Chip Dip

Mackenzie had a recipe night and needed to bring something.. She said " Is there something quick and easy." So this is what I suggested. I just had to post this recipe this is one of my best friends family recipe (top secret) and so quick and easy. My girls could eat this non stop if I would let them. Its kind of mind blowing that it is so simple but so dang good. I guess the mix of sweet with salty.. Whatever it is I'm addicted. Thanks Angie for letting me post your top secret recipe... :) Also this is a great dip to take camping....





Pineapple Chip Dip


2 Cream Cheese (Softened)

1 20oz can crushed pineapple (do not drain)


Tip: To soften cream cheese I put the foil package of cream cheese in a large plastic cup fill with hot tap water and let sit for about 5-8 minutes. Viola its softened and perfect for any recipe.



*Mix cream cheese and pineapple with a fork. (Will have a frothy appearance almost like cottage cheese.)





https://sites.google.com/site/windleyfamilyprintablerecipes/pineapple-chip-dip

Serve with RUFFLE POTATO CHIPS (Must serve with these that is the key to success. lol)

3 comments:

Parkinson Party of 7 said...

I made this today...yummy!!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!

Nana Patty said...

The flavor of this was very good, but it was a little too runny for my liking. I think the pineapple should have been drained, which I will do if I try it again. Thank you for sharing.

Cheers119 said...

Oh Patty Im sorry thats a bummer It is a little runny at first I usually refrigerate awhile and the cream cheese sets up so then not as runny but draining it also could help. My girls for some reason just love it right when you make it ya a little runny but really work the cream cheese in and might help.. Thanks for commenting :)